Monday, July 21, 2014

Glucose Test

So I had to take my glucose test last week.  The test actually wasn't too bad.  The hardest part was fasting for the 3-4 hours before.  I was soo hungry.  I got there, gave them all my information and they gave me GlucoCrush.  I had to drink all 10oz of it in 5 minutes.  50mg of glucose.  I've heard different things from different people.  Some people really like it, others hate it.  For me, it just tasted like orange soda with extra syrup in it.  My doctor told me its common to get nauseous drinking that much sugar on an empty stomach.  It didn't make me feel sick at all, my hands were just a little shaky from all the sugar.  And Raptor was kicking like crazy.  I had to wait an hour and then get blood drawn.  Getting my blood drawn is no big deal now.  The first time I was a little nervous.  I had never had blood drawn before I got pregnant.

We had our doctor appointment this morning.  I was not excited for this appointment.  It was such a relief though when she told my glucose levels were good.  I did not want to be a gestational diabetic.  The doctor said I was slightly anemic, but nothing to be worried about.  I was barely below normal.  Josh is making me eat more red meat now.  In fact, we got burgers on the way back from the appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment