Wednesday, July 16, 2014

28 Weeks

As of today, I am 28 weeks pregnant and am starting the third and final trimester!  I can't believe I'm already in the third trimester.  I will have a baby in 3 months.  Where has the time gone?  But at the same time, I feel like I've been pregnant forever.  The sickness of the first trimester seems so long ago.

I have to go do the glucose test to find out if I am a gestational diabetic today.  Boo.  I've been putting it off.  I got the lab request for it, at my last doctor appointment.  Like over 3 weeks ago.  Whoops.  I'm supposed to get it done between 26 and 28 weeks.  And seeing how today marks 28 weeks, and I get off work at 2, I figured today would be the day to do it.  I'm supposed to fast for 3-4 hours before the test. Its only been 2 hours and I am already starving.  At least I only have one hour of work left.  I have been procrastinating this test, since I kind of don't want to know the results.  My mom was a gestational diabetic for all 4 of us and apparently genetics is one of the risk factors for gestational diabetes.  And so is being Asian.  Yay.

On a lighter note, Josh figured out how to work Twitter last night.  It was funny to watch.  Both of his sisters are very into social media and have all sorts of accounts on like Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc.  He wanted to show them he was cool too.  He was asking me last night how to write on their wall.  "Wife, how do I tweet something?  Oh, wait, new tweet.  There it is."  And he was so proud of himself for tagging both of them in his tweet and for using a hashtag.

No comments:

Post a Comment